Salted Honey Cow Recipes and Serving Suggestions
Salted Honey Cow cheese can be used in all situations where one would normally use unflavoured cream cheese in sweet recipes. Below are a few suggestions to get you inspired and to set your imagination off and running.
salted honey cream
Place a 120g log of Salted Honey Cow with 50ml of thickened cream in a food processor and blend together quickly until mixed but still quite textured. Should you want a thinner consistency, add another 10-20ml of thickened cream until desired thickness is achieved.
salted honey cream cheese icing
Place 120g log of Salted Honey Cow with 50g softened butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or essence in a stand mixer and beat until combined. Gradually add in 1 cup of icing sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
Fill and top freshly cooked waffles with Salted Honey cream and top with any of the following; grilled banana, toasted pecans, shaved chocolate and drizzle lightly with warm honey OR roasted pistachios, fresh blueberries and drizzled honey OR raspberries and fresh mint and drizzled honey.
Slather a thick layer of Salted Honey cream between two Anzac or chocolate ripple biscuits. Leave to soften in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
Top sliced toasted brioche or fruit bread with Salted Honey cream mix and sliced fresh figs, drizzle lightly with warmed honey.
mini sweet tarts
Fill bought (or home-made) sweet pastry cases with Salted Honey cream and top with a fresh berries, roasted nuts or shaved chocolate.
Top your favourite cup cake or muffin recipe with Salted Honey Cream Cheese Icing.
Replace cream cheese with Salted Honey Cow in the ingredient list of your favourite cheesecake recipe.
sweet cheese plate
For a sweet cheese plate; place a log of Salted Honey Cow on a plate, drizzle with a little honey and top with roasted pistachios (or your favourite roasted nut), fresh berries, toasted fruit bread or fruity crispbread.
other serving suggestions
- Carrot Cake Icing Top a classic carrot cake with Salted Honey cream cheese icing
- Banana Bread Topping Top your favourite banana bread with Salted Honey cream cheese icing for an extra cream cheese element
- Ice-Cream Sweet cream cheese ice cream – yes it’s a thing! And it’s delicious!
- Brownies Add Salted Honey Cow cream cheese to your favourite brownie recipe – Nigella can help you with this. You won’t regret it…
- Sweet Puff Pastry Filling Stuff Salted Honey Cow cream cheese and some fresh berries/sliced apricots/quince paste into store-bought puff pastry for an incredibly delicious quick dessert.