Pumpkin, Fresh Goats Cheese and Rosemary Pizza
Prep: 1.5 hrs
Cook: 15 mins
- 250g pizza (00) flour
- Small pinch of salt
- 35ml olive oil
- 25 tsp instant dried yeast
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cold water
- 800g peeled and diced butternut pumpkin
- 2 – 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 sprigs of rosemary leaves roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 x 1/4 cup Tomato passata or pizza sauce
- 2 tsp fresh chopped oregano
- 120g Yarra Valley Cheese Fresh Goats Cheese crumbled
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the pizza dough, sift the flour into large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the remaining ingredients. Whisk them together gently using a fork or a spoon. Gradually incorporate the flour. Using clean hands bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Transfer to a well-floured benchtop. Knead dough for 5 minutes, stretching as you go. Place the dough back in the bowl. Cover with a clean, damp tea towel. Leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Place diced pumpkin onto a baking paper lined oven tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, cumin powder and seeds, rosemary, salt & pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked, but still a little firm.
- To assemble the pizzas, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured benchtop.
- Cut the dough in half. Using a rolling pin, roll out each piece of dough into a round 30 cm pizza base. Place each dough onto a pizza tray.
- Spread the base generously with the passata or pizza sauce. Top with the roast pumpkin, goats cheese, and fresh oregano.
- Cook the pizzas in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the base is golden and crispy.
- In a small bowl combine the chilli flakes with the olive oil, stir to combine.
- Drizzle the chilli oil (or just plain extra virgin olive oil if preferred) over the cooked pizzas and serve.