Prawns and Chilli Persian Fetta linguine with fresh basil
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15–20 minutes
180g Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta with Chilli
500g linguine pasta
Approx. 500g raw prawns, peeled & deveined
3 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
250g cherry tomatoes
400g can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp baby capers, drained
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan, boil salted water and add pasta, stirring occasionally for 8 – 10 minutes until al dente.
- Drain pasta, but keep half a cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a bowl, mix prawns and garlic with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- In a large, deep non-stick frying pan slowly add prawns over a medium heat. Stirring for about 3 minutes or until just cooked, then remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add remaining extra virgin olive oil and cherry tomatoes and stir for about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add diced tomatoes and baby capers, and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through pasta, prawns, reserved cooking liquid and parsley until combined and heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toss through Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta with Chilli and garnish with fresh basil leaves.