Persian Fetta, Lentil and Pomegranate Salad
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 bunch Swiss chard or silverbeet chopped (2-3 cups chopped leaves)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown lentils, drained (canned or steamed)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds of
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber, finely chopped
- 350g Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of the oil from the Persian Fetta tub (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frypan over med-high heat and sauté the Swiss chard briefly until wilted. Season with a small pinch of salt and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the sautéed Swiss chard, lentils, pomegranate seeds, red onion, and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey and mustard to combine. Add ground cumin, salt, pepper and chopped herbs. Whisk again.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss with a spoon. Top with crumbled Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta.
- Enjoy at room temperature or slightly cooler.