Pea, Zucchini & Goat’s Cheese Fritters
makes: 12 fritters
- 2 x 150g Spreadable Goat’s Cheese
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 large handfuls mint leaves
- Zest 1 lemon
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup besan flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Za’atar
- To serve, 6 minute Soft boiled eggs and lemon wedges.
- Grate 2 of the zucchini and place into a mixing bowl. Finely slice the remaining zucchini into another bowl and set aside for later.
- Place 1 cup of the peas into a small food processor with half the mint. Blend them quickly to crush then add to the grated zucchini along with the lemon zest, cumin, ½ the shallots and a good seasoning of salt and pepper. Mix this gently, then add the eggs, besan flour, baking powder, mix then add 4 tbsp of the goat’s cheese and just mix to fold the goat’s cheese through.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Working in batches, add the fritter mix to the pan using a large spoon to make fritters approx. 5cm in diameter. Cook for 2 minutes each side, until golden. Repeat with the remaining mix.
- Spread the fritters with a little goat’s cheese, sprinkle over the za’atar. Add a soft boiled egg and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Toss together the sliced zucchini, peas, mint, shallots and with a little olive oil, season to taste then drop this over and around the fritters. Serve with lemon wedges.