Pea and Persian Fetta Fritters
makes: approx 20
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- 350g YVC Persian Fetta tub – drain oil and reserve for frying
- 500g frozen peas – defrosted at room temp for about an hour
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 3 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 100g plain flour (use besan flour for a gf version)
- 10g (1.5 tsp) baking powder
- handful of fresh mint leaves (finely shredded)
- 2 spring onions – finely sliced
- 15g (1 tbsp) sesame seeds
- salt flakes and ground black pepper to season
- yoghurt and Sriracha Hot Sauce (or other hot chilli sauce) to serve
- Place the peas in a food processor and pulse a few times until a rough consistency.
- Add the ricotta, eggs, lemon zest, flour and baking powder and pulse a couple more times.
- Place mixture in a large bowl. Carefully break apart the Persian Fetta into small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Add in the mint, spring onions, sesame seeds, salt and pepper and combine gently with a spoon.
- To shape the fritters, use a big tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball and place onto a plate. Repeat until you’ve used all the mixture.
- Using a good sized non-stick frying pan, heat to medium and add in enough of the reserved oil to cover the base of the pan. Reduce heat to low.
- Add about 5-6 fritters to the pan at a time and press each one down gently with an egg flip to form a fritter shape. Cook evenly, about 3-4 mins each side, until a rich, golden brown. Place on paper towel and repeat until all fritters are cooked using a little more oil for each batch.
- Serve with yoghurt stirred through with a little Sriracha (or hot chilli sauce) to taste. Alternatively serve with Whipped Fetta sauce (see Spiced Potato Wedges recipe).