Lamb and Chilli Persian Fetta koftas, Greek salad and tzatziki
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15–20 minutes
- 100g Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta with Chilli
- 500g lamb mince – ½ brown onion, finely diced
- 1/4 bunch fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 bunch fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 egg
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 medium sized skewers
- 80g Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta with Chilli
- 4 large vine tomatoes, roughly chopped into wedges
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 1 tub tzatziki (or make your favourite recipe)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix together the lamb, brown onion, mint leaves, oregano leaves, ground cumin, ground coriander, egg, breadcrumbs and 100g of Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta with Chilli. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll into 8 even pieces and skewer.
- Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to a heavy-based frying pan or grill pan over medium–high heat. Cook the koftas in batches, for 3–4 minutes on each side until brown. As they brown, transfer them to a baking tray and place into the preheated oven until cooked through, roughly 8 – 10 minutes.
- For the Greek salad, toss together the vine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, Kalamata olives, dried oregano and 80g of Yarra Valley Cheese Persian Fetta with Chilli and extra virgin olive oil in a large bowl.
- Once koftas are cooked, serve with tzatziki and Greek salad.