Baked Camembert three ways
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15–20 minutes
- 200g Yarra Valley Cheese Camembert
– 2 heaped tbs truffled honey
– 50g walnuts, roughly chopped
– 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
– Seeds of half a pomegranate
– tbsp pomegranate molasses
– 1/4 cup real maple syrup
– 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 180Cº
- Place Camembert wheel into a baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 15–20 minutes until soft and gooey inside.
- During or after Camembert is baking (as per your selected topping method below), dress with one of the optional toppings.
truffled honey and walnuts
- Approximately ten minutes before Camembert has finished baking, roughly chop walnuts, place on baking tray and toast for 5 – 7 minutes until golden.
- Drizzle honey over Camembert 5 minutes before it’s finished baking and return to the oven.
- Sprinkle toasted walnuts over Camembert once finished baking.
Pistachio and pomegranate
- Roughly chop pistachios and sprinkle over baked Camembert.
- Drizzle with pomegranate seeds and molasses.
Maple syrup and thyme
- Remove thyme leaves from stem and roughly chop.
- Place maple syrup in a small, heavy based saucepan on a medium heat and bring to a simmer for 1 – 2 minutes until it reaches a glaze consistency. This won’t take too long!
- Drizzle maple syrup over baked Camembert and garnish with thyme leaves.